12/15/07

An Act of Love

There's a new book out that I've seen in Starbucks and heard advertised on the radio. It's called Listening is an Act of Love, and it contains stories shared between friends and family, recorded by the StoryCorps Project. I haven't read it, but the title snags my attention every time I encounter it.

This week of Advent, we focus on love. And in the push and hurry of the season, I am challenged to make room for love by making room for attentive listening. God gives his ear to us. What can I do to better turn my ear to him? What can I do to listen better?

"Let us pray that, above all, God would make us listeners to himself, so that we may be neither idle nor self-sufficient; not rash in our deeds, but ever pausing to listen, and then to follow him, moving in consonance with his will."
~ Dr. Klaus Bockmuehl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.