10/11/07

Oct 11 - 17 Lectio Passages: Self-Examination

The passages below are suggestions for reading, meditation, and Lectio this week. Feel free to post your comments or reflections about these passages. The Lectio Divina prompts are also here for your use.

Oct 11 -- Jeremiah 12:3
Oct 12 -- Psalm 17:3
Oct 13 -- Hebrews 4:13
Oct 14-- Psalm 139:1
Oct 15 -- Psalm 139:2
Oct 16 -- Psalm 139:3
Oct 17 -- Psalm 139:23-24

Read: Seek a phrase, word, or verse that attracts your attention. Repeat that phrase to yourself or write it down. Savor the text.

Reflect: What meaning is offered to you as you consider the phrase or verse?

Respond: What response do you have to the word? What is God's invitation to you?

Rest: Relax in God's transforming power and presence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read Psalm 17:3 this morning, and, I admit it, I was pretty resistant to this verse. I'm not sure I feel like challenging God to look so closely at me because I'm convinced he'll find me blameless! But if there's one thing I'm learning, it's that I shouldn't let resistance to a passage of Scripture keep me from taking a deeper look. So I read the whole of Psalm 17...several times ~ and I have to confess it's exactly what I needed this morning (I feel stuck between some tricky stuff at work -- and stuck between some people with whom I don't agree). Ultimately, it was the phrase "probe my heart," (from verse 3!) that resonated with me, knowing that before I get too far in judging those around me, I best have my heart probed by, revealed, and under the control of the One who loves me so much.

~ Nicole